• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking Photos and Video

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BoykinMom

What is the name of your state? Maryland

How can I find out whether it is legal for me or a neighbor to photograph or videotape someone performing illegal activities when the subjects are on THEIR own property and I am on my property or public property (ie., the street)? Purpose of obtaining photos/video is as evidence to bring charges against the subject.

Are we venturing into territory where we could get in trouble, and should really be hiring a private investigator or something like that?

stephenk

Depends. Are the activities you are taping visible to you without enhancement? For example, do you have to climb a wall and push bushes out of the way in order to view the activities?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">