• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MISINFORMED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jay

Hello, I purchase land in Louisiana, 10 years ago.The sale took place just before forecloser ,Im bought the land which measured 185ft x 68ft so I thought.The land had been surveyed to be 200 x 68, an the owners daughter own the bodering land which was also 200 x 68 .The owners showed me the survey which was done before buildings were put on the land. Latter I purchased the remaining 215 x 68 making the survey correct .showing 4 lots 200, & 200. Now I live out of state & contated a realty company in the area in La.I was told to sell the land it would have to be= to 12K square feet.So there are storage buildings on the property built on the property line. So to make it 12K Sq FT I would have to give up the one buildings so were the 185ft mark was I mesured 30ft. which I was told was enough for the sale.The buyer had cash,the agent took the info to a Lawer.The lawer drew up the papers showing the prop.to be 215 x 68 .
but the legal discption shows the land sold was the 2nd prop. I bought & not the part with the house. This mistake was not cought untill now I want to sell the remaining land.
So I asked the same lawer to draw up the papers owner finance deal.Now he chatches the error & tells me I must have it surveyed to do an act of correction.Latter he tells me my only action is to sell the land to the guy who purchese my other property,because I wasnt supposed to divide the land with out the OK or the local area Law.So I am told by the lawer to sell to the other guy is the best thing to do & I have no other choice. Now this is not a case of have the land survyed an fix the papers to correct the prolbem.He tells me I was wrong to have the land divided without going to the planning comission first & they wount allow the divison.So to avoid being sued by the other guy this would be the easy thing to do. Arent the lawer & the Realestate agent liable for services????? I spoke to the guy who purchase my house about buying the land with the mobile home on it.He does't want the mobile home just the land.If I could sell the Trailer I still wouldnt get what I purchase the whole thing for 8 years latter.
The lawer told me he will do the correction for nothing but he tells me to get what I can for it. Please Advise Please this was my first home purchase & sale HELP!!!!!!

C

Chas C

I'm not from Louisiana and I sure can't outguess a lawyer on the scene. But this is very complicated stuff. Regardless of the odds of winning against the old lawyer and real estate agent (and I'd bet they are slim) the cost of that would be heavy. Consult another lawyer or cut your losses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">