• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airline requirements for time between plane changes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MaeWaugh

I need to know what is the minimum time requirement a passanger has to have between plane changes. Does anyone know? Does anyone happen to know where I could find such information?
I live in California and I purchased tickets from Orbitz and they only alloted me 27 minutes to change planes, (coincidentally, I missed my connecting flight) and I wondered whether it is lawful to have only 27 minutes between flights. I thought there was a law somewhere that said one must have 45 minutes. Is there such a law?
If you have any info, please let me know.
thank you.

S

seniorjudge

MaeWaugh said:
I need to know what is the minimum time requirement a passanger has to have between plane changes. Does anyone know? Does anyone happen to know where I could find such information?
I live in California and I purchased tickets from Orbitz and they only alloted me 27 minutes to change planes, (coincidentally, I missed my connecting flight) and I wondered whether it is lawful to have only 27 minutes between flights. I thought there was a law somewhere that said one must have 45 minutes. Is there such a law?
If you have any info, please let me know.
thank you.
I suspect (but do not know) that there is no regulation covering this. Think about it for a moment. It would be virtually mathematically impossible to determine what one flight's possible connectors could be.

In any event, never leave less than two hours between flights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">