• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar detectors and detecting police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qwer9182

What is the name of your state? OH

I live in Ohio, but mine is more of a general question. If one has a radar detector, does that definitely mean they were using it to detect speed traps and to speed, or can it be used to detect police who aren't looking for speeders? In other words, can these detectors determine when any police cars are around or only when police are measuring peoples' speed?

NWO

That would be nice. But it isn't possible for a radar detector to detect a police car. And if the cop is using laser the radar detector is nigh on useless.

Shay-Pari'e

qwer9182 said:
What is the name of your state? OH

I live in Ohio, but mine is more of a general question. If one has a radar detector, does that definitely mean they were using it to detect speed traps and to speed, or can it be used to detect police who aren't looking for speeders? In other words, can these detectors determine when any police cars are around or only when police are measuring peoples' speed?
OH IAAL!!!!!!!!!

Shay-Pari'e

NWO said:
That would be nice. But it isn't possible for a radar detector to detect a police car. And if the cop is using laser the radar detector is nigh on useless.
A Police Car Detector? Your as dumb as the poster.

I've noticed your a banned troll.

NWO

--PARIDISE-- said:
A Police Car Detector? Your as dumb as the poster.

I've noticed your a banned troll.
I am? Where did you notice this at, the same place you noticed I said there was such a thing as a police car detector when I posted this comment:

"But it isn't possible for a radar detector to detect a police car. "

You wouldn't be a cop by chance would you?

Shay-Pari'e

NWO said:
I am? Where did you notice this at, the same place you noticed I said there was such a thing as a police car detector when I posted this comment:

"But it isn't possible for a radar detector to detect a police car. "

You wouldn't be a cop by chance would you?
No. You wouldn't be a once banned troll would you be?

Got you pegged kid.

NWO

--PARIDISE-- said:
No. You wouldn't be a once banned troll would you be?

Got you pegged kid.
Considering the fact that you have nothing usefull to post and display an abject lack of ability to even correctly read a post let alone create an intellegent post yet have 1900+ completely useless posts I'd say this forum is largely unmoderated. I've had the same IP for 3 years.

Last edited:

Bravo8

NWO said:
Considering the fact that you have nothing usefull to post and display an abject lack of ability to even correctly read a post let alone create an intellegent post yet have 1900+ completely useless posts I'd say this forum is largely unmoderated.
It's quite funny how you pick on his "abject lack of ability to even correctly read a post" while using incredibly poor grammar. The above is one long run-on sentence.

Punctuation is your friend.

NWO

Yes, I'm an ass accented with long run on sentences, dang it. I can't stand cops either. Can't stand the sight of them. Did I mention I don't like cops? But --Paridise-- is a rare find. Even dumber than a cop. He replies to me when I have him ignored. AND I know exactly how dumb cops are because I have to teach them.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

Bravo8 said:
It's quite funny how you pick on his "abject lack of ability to even correctly read a post" while using incredibly poor grammar. The above is one long run-on sentence.

Punctuation is your friend.
Bravo, he is a snotty kid who made his parents put up the money for his multipal bails. Nothing more to say about him really.

Troll's come and go. ;)

Shay-Pari'e

NWO said:
Yes, I'm an ass accented with long run on sentences, dang it. I can't stand cops either. Can't stand the sight of them. Did I mention I don't like cops? But --Paridise-- is a rare find. Even dumber than a cop. I know they're dumb because I have to teach them.
Yes, I have been told I am a rare find, but the word "DUMB" has never been mentioned to me. I'll take it with a grain of salt considering who it came from.

#2 Today, 06:28 AM
NWO
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2005

I doubt you would get jail. I once had 16 driving without a license, and 16 non appearance warrants at once in CA. Bail was $2500, paid by parents. I then didn't appear for that case but the lawyer somehow got me off with a $2200 fine. Amazingly working out to the bail they were holding on me with 300 left over for the lawyer... coincidentaly. It's all about revenue, I don't care what they say about it not being much.

f you go into court without a lawyer your chances of getting screwed are nearly certain.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Isn't it amazing how trolls show up on Saturdays so they can play the weekend? NWO doesn't even have a question, just lots of idiotic banter, 16 DWL and FTA's and only a fine, you deserved CYA till 25! Hopefully your parents had you clipped before you racked up other accomplishements :rolleyes:

NWO

rmet4nzkx said:
Isn't it amazing how trolls show up on Saturdays so they can play the weekend? NWO doesn't even have a question, just lots of idiotic banter, 16 DWL and FTA's and only a fine, you deserved CYA till 25! Hopefully your parents had you clipped before you racked up other accomplishements :rolleyes:
Where does it state I have to come here to ask the cops who sit here for 1000+ posts of their life and bash people with questions? Like the cop advice here is of any value to anyone. I'm here because I'm smarter than the cops. I beat them in court. I'm qualified to answer questions far more accurately than the narc cops who hang out here. I haven't seen a usefaull answer from a cop here besides his own fantasy of "just pay the ticket". Your all crooks, every last cop. Your as bad as the real criminals, only worse in terms of the trust you abuse.

Last edited:

CdwJava

And just WHY is anyone responding to this twit? I'll let him live in his fantasy world by himself.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">