• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

habitual in virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joiemf

What is the name of your state virginia .here is my question, had a lawyer going to petition the court to get drivers license back (lost them for not paying a fine for my dog getting loose). lawyer took his time because he didnt like going to court in this particular city, anyway, in the mean time was having some problems at home, drove the car got stopped and given a ticket. one week later did the same thing this time got pulled over ticketed for illegal u-turn and put in jail for driving without a license going to court in one week what might happen, please very paranoid about jail.

NWO

I doubt you would get jail. I once had 16 driving without a license, and 16 non appearance warrants at once in CA. Bail was $2500, paid by parents. I then didn't appear for that case but the lawyer somehow got me off with a $2200 fine. Amazingly working out to the bail they were holding on me with 300 left over for the lawyer... coincidentaly. It's all about revenue, I don't care what they say about it not being much.

That was a long time ago (20 years) These days they make you pay for your own incarceration though, so they may not think twice about incarceration.

If you go into court without a lawyer your chances of getting screwed are nearly certain.

Shay-Pari'e

NWO said:
I doubt you would get jail. I once had 16 driving without a license, and 16 non appearance warrants at once in CA. Bail was $2500, paid by parents. I then didn't appear for that case but the lawyer somehow got me off with a $2200 fine. Amazingly working out to the bail they were holding on me with 300 left over for the lawyer... coincidentaly. It's all about revenue, I don't care what they say about it not being much.

That was a long time ago (20 years) These days they make you pay for your own incarceration though, so they may not think twice about incarceration.

If you go into court without a lawyer your chances of getting screwed are nearly certain.
That is real nice and all, but where is your legal advice?

NWO

If there isn't enough info then why did you ask me to give legal advice? The name of the forum is FREE ADVICE not legal advice.

NWO

Bye bye. Like most others here - in about 5 seconds I will no longer see you.
--PARIDISE-- added to ignore list.

--PARIDISE--
This message is hidden because --PARIDISE-- is on your ignore list. buh bye!

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

NWO said:
Bye bye. Like most others here - in about 5 seconds I will no longer see you.
--PARIDISE-- added to ignore list.

--PARIDISE--
This message is hidden because --PARIDISE-- is on your ignore list. buh bye!
Tell the truth, you've been responding to me since then, so NO, I do not have the pleasure of being on your ignore list.

joiemf

thank you

thanks nwo for your opinion, I really do hope things work out in court! it was a very stupid mistake, as for paridise i really wish you could take your argument somewhere other than the forum where my question lies. I thought I had several responses and all I really had was one response and seven back and forth arguments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">