• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iloveau

What is the name of your state? TX
In November,2004 I accepted a new position with my company that required I move to Texas. The new position was working for an area as compared to an individual region. After I signed my offer letter and they sent me the relocation check, rumors began floating around the company that a big shakeup was about to happen and the area jobs would be going away. When I arrived in Texas, the announcement that the area jobs would be eliminated came. I was asked to return to my previous region for a month to help them through Christmas because they were now short staff. I did that. However, I am now at the "region" in Texas that was to be where my base office was for the area (that no longer exists) They have no answers concerning my future, except they will try and find me a position in the region. If I had wanted to remain in a regional job I would not have moved. I have found numerous positions in Texas that look very appealing and would like to pursue. MY question? If I do, would I be obligated to repay the relocation fee? I can't stand the "we just don't know attitude" and I am a single mother of a teenager and need a resolution.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Was there an agreement signed that would obligate you to repay the relocation agreement, and if so what does it say would happen in the event that your job is eliminated?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">