• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are "beat the ticket" websites bull-s-h-i-t or do they work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paddyflan1971

What is the name of your state? VT

As previously stated in another post, I am trying to figure out a way to keep the speeding ticket I got in North eastern PA off my record or reduce the impact of it on my insurance premiums.

Now is there anyone out there who has purchased these so called better- than-average methods off the internet and actually won their case when the cop shows up? Is there any point going to court and pleading guilty and begging for mercy???

NWO

I wouldn't purchase anything. Every case is different. You have to go into major study mode on your case and learn the law which applies to it like the back of your hand and learn every loophole and peice case law on it you can find.

S

seniorjudge

paddyflan1971 said:
What is the name of your state? VT

As previously stated in another post, I am trying to figure out a way to keep the speeding ticket I got in North eastern PA off my record or reduce the impact of it on my insurance premiums.

Now is there anyone out there who has purchased these so called better- than-average methods off the internet and actually won their case when the cop shows up? Is there any point going to court and pleading guilty and begging for mercy???
These websites are subjects of hoots and hollers at judges' conferences. Try one and let us know, okay?!

cjoeb

do you believe that what ever a cop says is true because of his badge?
do you think that you are guilty until proven innocent?
can you stand alone in a courtroom full of cops and vigorously challenge everything that comes out of your officers mouth to establish reasonable doubt under cross examination as his fellow officers throw daggers in you with their eyes without being intimidated?
are you willing to challenge evidence based on scientific standards, your local/state laws, and case law?
are you willing to, as nwo says, dedicate lots of time to learn your defense strategy like the back of your hand?
are you willing to appeal if you are found guilty?

if you answers are anything other than no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes...then just plead guilty cuz nothing you read on this forum or the beat ticket sites will help you.
i used www.ticketkiller.com it has alot of info on a very good defense strategy..no stupid delay tactics, just sounds science and case laws.

my first ticket got dismissed http://164.64.40.11/caselookup/CaseDetails?case1=M&case2=14&case3=TR&case4=200401517&casestatus=CL+FINAL+CLOSED&judge=GALVAN+RUBEN+M&casetitle=STATE+VS.+BOURGEOIS&filingdate=2004-02-25&statusdate=2004-04-20

my second ticket is under appeal http://164.64.40.11/caselookup/CaseDetails?case1=M&case2=14&case3=TR&case4=200401517&casestatus=CL+FINAL+CLOSED&judge=GALVAN+RUBEN+M&casetitle=STATE+VS.+BOURGEOIS&filingdate=2004-02-25&statusdate=2004-04-20

the only problem in these lower courts is how the judges operate. in my case, the judge didnt know how to interpret the law and believes the answer to question 1 above is yes. here in NM, you dont need legal experience to get elected as a magistrate judge.
here is what happens when a plumber gets elected
http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=2674081

joe

CdwJava

if you answers are anything other than no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes...then just plead guilty cuz nothing you read on this forum or the beat ticket sites will help you.

i used www.ticketkiller.com it has alot of info on a very good defense strategy..no stupid delay tactics, just sounds science and case laws.
Isn't ticketkiller.com just another "beat ticket cite"? Oh ... I'm sure it's 'different', ain't it?

Most of them claim to be the end-all, beat-all of anti-ticket sites.

Like SeniorJudge said, these sites can be entertaining ... but aren't usually all that effective.

But, knock yourself out - it's your time and money, and the officers will thank you for the overime.

- Carl

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

LC Judge Indicted on Rape Allegation

LAS CRUCES, NM - A Las Cruces Jury indicts a Magistrate Judge on allegations he raped a woman. These allegations first surfaced in August, and since that time, Judge Ruben Galvan has adamently denied them.

Thursday, a Grand Jury decided there is enough evidence to charge Judge Galvan with rape. According to a criminal complaint, a 21-year old womans says she learned Galvan would be presiding over her husband's case after she and a friend met him in a local bar.

The accuser goes on to say, Galvan offered to drop the charges against her husband and arrange a visit between her friend and a jail inmate, in exchange for oral sex. The 2 then allegedly left the bar in Galvan's car. When she refused to perform oral sex, the accuser claims galvan raped her.

Galvan has been suspended without pay since late October. This is the second time this year the Magistrate Judge finds himself on the other side of the bench. Earlier this year her was suspended for having a sexual relationship with an Assistant District Attorney while presiding over her cases.

Galvan's Attorney believes the charges are unclear. His attorney plans to file a motion to quash Thursday's indictment. If convicted, the Judge faces a maximum six year prison sentence.

All content © Copyright 2002 - 2005 WorldNow and KVIA. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">