• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding, no radar, speedo or measuring device...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr_unreal

What is the name of your state?
Vic, Australia

OK so i do live in aus, but im just after an idea. our sites are not helpful :(
6 months ago i was rang by the cops, claiming they saw me doing approx 100kmh in a residential 50kmh zone, 9am, no way. added to this is careless driving and excessive noise as i went around the corner, as the street in perhaps only 150m long (sorry about the metric) average speed for would be 40kmr. My car is a 97 ford fairmont ghia (luxury) stock car, ABS fitted, auto, etc
The traffic copper happened to be off duty on his front lawn, no radar gun or measuring device. simply claimed what be saw, i went down for an interview, denied all the charges,
the town i live in is well known in vic to be dynamite against young drivers, and i so far havent ever got a speeding ticket.
How can i fight this? i have a summons now to go to court, i need advice please! Otherwise i could be up for between 3 and 12 months loss of license. im not particularly worried about the cash side of things...
Cheers guys!

NWO

Test his ability to judge speed. Get a table on what speed something is going when it hits the floor from a 2 meter drop. It's mathematically the same for any object that isn't significantly affected by friction (such as a piece of paper.

You obviously need a chart for metric object but it is basicly a mathematical formula.

If the distance traveled is: The speed would be:
3.5 feet 10.2 mph
4.0 feet 10.9 mph
4.5 feet 11.6 mph
5.0 feet 12.2 mph
5.5 feet 12.8 mph
6.0 feet 13.4 mph

If the cop can't answer the courtroom demonstation, the judge may determine he can't estimate speed of objects.

Credit goes to :
http://www.norman-law.com/page25.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">