• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breech of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I signed a contract to purchase a home back in June. After going back and forth with the seller she finally accepted my offer. After the contract was faxed the seller's realtor informed my realtor that there were no dogs allowed in this community as per the Homeowner's Association. I was told I had 10 days to cancel this contract and did so in writing 6 days later. I cancelled my deposit check on that day. The seller is now suing me for breech of contract for the deposit money plus legal fees. Does she have a good case?

The contract was also signed after the time for acceptance had expired. Do I have any defense?

M

Melissa M

To give a meaningful answer someone would have to read the contract as the EXACT words matter. Also as a judge might ultimately decide, someone who knows the local ropes might help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">