• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Personnel exemption to breaking a lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peggy

At a military spouses site that I am affliated with, the concern for getting out of a lease, even though a clause wasn't written into the lease concerning the military member, was a topic for discussion. I would just like some information from you for landlords here at this discussion board to be aware of when dealing with military personnel and their leases.

It is my understanding that military personnel can get out of their lease with their military orders and not be subject to any penalties? Maybe someone here can expound on the subject just to make others aware.

[This message has been edited by Peggy (edited November 05, 1999).]

B

Bill B

That's mine too. But go to the legal officer at the base and ask exactly what the story is! That's real FreeAdvice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">