• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plumbing & Wiring by Non-Licensed Homeowner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

In 1950 my parents bought a 100+ year old home. Over the next 45 years my parents(non-licensed) repaired/replaced/added/extended various plumbing and electrical needs. In 1995 my parents sold their home at below market value because the house needed work and it was advertised as such. The sellers hired their own Home Inspector who noted specifically that the plumbing and electricity were "marginal" and "dated." Now the buyers are suing the sellers and focusing in on the electric and plumbing work done on the home by the sellers. Are the sellers liable? This home is located in Massachusetts.

J

jojo

the buyers had an inspection, the inspector pointed out the problems, the buyers proceeded with the purchase, and 4 years later they want to sue??? I would check with a lawyer but if the wording in the purchase contract DID state that the buyers were aware of the problems and they accepted the property "as is", what's their beef now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">