• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer Changed Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

margaritareda

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was pulled over for speeding on Tuesday January 11. The officer's radar read 33,34,35 (according to the officer) in a 25 zone. The officer gave me a ticket for going 30 in a 25. Also, My insurance card that i had in my wallet expired on the 10th of january and I was pulled over on the 11th. My insurance was still valid but I had not put the most recent slip in my wallet. He gave me a warning on the insurance. This all occured on the 11th.

Well Today I got a knock on my door. Two police cars were there and two officers were there, one in which had pulled me over on tuesday. He said I gave him 'attitude' and he changed my ticket to a 35 in a 25 and he gave me a ticket for not having vaild proof of insurance.

Is he allowed to reissue a ticket to me SIX days after the original for 'attitude'?

Is he allowed to give me a speeding ticket at my apartment?

What should I do?

racer72

The officer did nothing wrong or illegal. I would suggest talking your situation over with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">