• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quitclaim or ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

terrenk

I bought a condo in 1989 with another person. This person moved out 5 years ago, I still live here. I have been paying all the bills including the mortage and homeowners dues. I have run into financial difficulties and asked this person for help and recieved none. I had to file chapter 13 to keep my home (or 50% i should say)meanwhile the other party has purchased 2 other homes, and still not contributed one dime to theis property. The place is now in forclosure since i missed payments and the mortage co. recieved a relief of stay from the bankruptcy. I was approved for a loan, to bring the mortage up to date and keep my home but needed the other person to either sign the loan since she was 50% owner or quitclaim the property over to me. She rufused to do either. The house goes on the auction block today. My question is....do I have any legal recourse against this individual? Thak you for your time
Terren Kreisler

T

Tyrone

This would take a lot of effort to figure out and it depends on the papers and what you'd say is the agreement!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">