• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaMomof3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
My ex had his trial last week. He pled guilty to:
Count 1 - Delivery of Controlled Substance Drug, Device or Cosmetic 780-113(a)(30) - Felony
Count 2 - Possession With Intent to Deliver 780-113(a)(30) - Felony
Count 3 - Possession of Controlled Substance Drugs, Device or Cosmetic 780-113(a)(16) - Misdemeanor
Count 4 - Possession with Intent to Deliver 780-113(a)(30) - Felony
Count 5 - Possession of Controlled Substance Drugs, Device or Cosmetic 780-113(a)(16) - Misdemeanor
Count 6 - Possession or Distribution of Small Amount 780-113(a)(31) - Misdemeanor
Count 7 - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia 780-113(a)(32) - Misdemeanor
His sentence..... 3 years probation, no rehab, no jail time.
I don't understand how he only got probation. He has been in jail before but not for drugs. I am just stunned and have no faith in our justice system.

PaMomof3 said:
I am just stunned and have no faith in our justice system.
I agree. I believe that the long term costs to our justice system would be lower if all first time offenders were forced to serve some prison term. I believe this would demonstrate more clearly the severity of breaking the law and that the recidivism rates would decrease dramatically.

We have such a disparity between what happened in your ex's situation and the many federal inmates with whom I've personally met who, as first time offenders, are serving 20 and even 30 year prison terms.

I do have faith in our system. With our country's justice system the checks and balances eventually do right the wrongs - at least comparative to other countries.

PaMomof3

Question....

Yes, that is what is planned this week. My attorney is going in front of our judge on Thursday asking for visitations to be suspended or supervised. Here is a question though.... Since he is on probation, if he is thrown in jail for non payment of child support, would this violate his probation or does it just depend on the terms of his probation? We have a final contempt hearing next week because he has not paid child support in a year. The hearing officer has found him in contempt at our last hearing in September and gave him 30 days to purge by paying $800 to me and 60 days to pay my lawyer fees. He has not paid a penny towards any of it including the monthly support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">