• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving with suspended license pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

junxtaposition

What is the name of your state? PA

my son (29) was stopped for stop sign violation and was driving with a suspended license (which he recieved for a dui). he had a first hearing in reference to this, but got it continued. he was told he WILL do jail time for this? what is the possibility of this and what can we do about it? i would also like to note that he has extensive mental problems and is under the care of a dr, jail would not be something he would be able to handle...what can be done in these circumstances? any help would be appreciated.

what is the usual punishment for driving with a suspended license and does it make a difference that this was for a dui?

Bravo8

Driving with a DUI suspended license is a mandatory jail sentence of 60 days for the 1st offense.

He can't handle jail? Perhaps that was an issue he should have considered before repeatedly breaking the law......

junxtaposition

my sentiments exactly, however, i am his mother.
is there any way to request some sort of institution or half way house other than a prison?
is there any consideration for the fact that he is the sole support of a wife and 2 children?
please, any help is greatly appreciated, while i understand the idea of "you made your bed, lie in it", i, and his family will greatly suffer for this. just the scare of it, has affected him greatly. wish he had read the papers they gave him and had known this could happen....you..know, ran up to school, 2 blocks from his house, to pick his daughter up from school....was snowing and cold.....please help
thanks,
jeanne

Last edited:

junxtaposition

please help

please, can anyone help me...we are running out of time..what are our options> can they take him right from the hearing? any chance of getting the bracelet and being able to go home? does it really not matter that he has a family to support....??? they will lose their house...eveything...please anyone...help

As a parent, my heart goes out to you, I suspect you have been through a great deal of heartache.

He really needs and attorney given what is at stake. Do not rely on an internet answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">