• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling my house on my own

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chris

Subject: selling my house on my own

Does a laywer handle all of the necessary paperwork (Contracts/Escrow agreement,Real estate Settlement statement, etc) or would I have to also do those things myself?? What exactly would include hiring a real estate laywer??

S

Steve Ikeda

From: Steve Ikeda, SJ Fowler Real Estate Email: [email protected]
Subject: RE: selling my house on my own

Chris, if you don't know the answer to these
questions, then you probably should not be selling
the home yourself. Believe me, you're not saving
yourself any money. Probably the best thing you can
do if you insist on doing it yourself is to contact
an escrow company and ask for their help. I'm sure
they help you out.

Steve Ikeda
SJ Fowler Real Estate
Mesa, Arizona

P

pisinbad

Two years ago we sold our home on our own. I drew up the necessary papers for the purchase agreement once we had a buyer and then the title insurance company handled the rest of the paper work for the purchasers and seller. The purchaser mortgaged through a bank and the bank turned all their paperwork over to the title insurance company, also. Most banks prefer to do it this way now. It was all quite a simple proceedure.

J

jojo

Get as much professional help as you can, with the lead paint and asbestos laws you want to protect yourself as much as you can. Remember that the commission you pay to a real estate agent is negotiable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">