• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

National Parks Rules/ Policy related

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harveyfi

What is the name of your state?I work out of Colorado. This is a unique question but I do need to know where to go to research this issue.

I am a fine arts photographer who is working on a project that would involve photographing artistic nudes in specific national parks. I was told, somewhat unofficially, that nudity is not expressly outlawed in our national parks system. I do need better and more reliable assurance of this. I have searched the websites of a few national parks but was unable to find anything addressing this issue (no surprise).

I am also assuming that because the national parks system is a public place, as compared to privately owned, I would not need any special permission to use images taken there for my own commercial purposes. Please comment.

Overall, I would like information as to where I can go to research these issues.

Thank you in advance for any help!

BelizeBreeze

Whomever told you it is not illegal is an idiot. Of course, you could call the U.S. Parks Service for their opinion. I'm sure you would get an earfull. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">