• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraudulent enlistment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OCS

What is the name of your state? Alabama

Hello. I was recently accepted into ocs for the army. Years back I had some problems with asthma. I quit smoking and haven't had problems since. I run three miles a day with no problem. I have been reading up on fraudulent enlistment and am extremely nervous because I did not disclose this condition at meps. I am currently in dep and ship for basic in march.

How often do these conditions lead to court-martial?

If they find out through background check and want to court-martial me, then what are my chances of getting an administrative separation "in lieu of court-martial?"

Thankyou.

hbreen

If I were you, I'd go to my recruiter and let him know that since you have had no problems with it since you quit smoking (get a statement from your doc) you forgot about it. Ask him about either adding it (with that statement from your doc) or let it go.

I was in the Corps a few years back and had a similar issue with a back injury I had from an vehicle accident. They added it (I did have a note from my doc) and had no further problems with it.

HBreen
Just trying to lend a hand

Military Dad

You wont get a Court Martial; you will be processed for discharge when they find out. Your best bet is to be honest and up-front otherwise the Military will find out after spending thousands of dollars on your training and generally wasting allot of their (and your) time. Contact your recruiter and be honest. If you haven’t had a problem in years (as you stated) and get waiver from the Doc, chances are good that everything will be fine.
I can’t stress this enough, eventually it will catch up with you unless you disclose this info now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">