• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i am currantly living my my grandparents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelbaby1213

What is the name of your state?michigan...
hi i am living with my grandparents and they are trying to get custody of me and my father is making it very hard for them. he keeps going to my school and saying that i don't belong there... and is talking to my counsler about emanicpation... i don't really want to emancipate my self just yet.......

can some one help me

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Angel - you need to actually post the entire situation. All you've done so far is post in various threads that you're looking to be emancipated and your counselor tells you it will take 3-4 weeks. Nowhere NEAR enough information for people to help you.

So sit down, explain what's going on and why you think you should be emancipated, and we'll go from there.

angelbaby1213

here is the whole thing

my dads wife and i are always arguing and fighting.... new years eve we got into a really big fight and she told me to get out of her house.. and i said fine. i went to my grandmas hosue and now my dad wants me emancipated so he don't have to pay child support... and i don't have a job.. and my grandma is taking care of me. and she want to have custody of me and the only way that can happen is if my mom gives it to her. my mom live 2 hours away and currently doesn't have a phone. and now i am stuck with my dad treatening me that he is going to take me away from my grandma if i don't find a job in the next month..... and their is no way that i can get a job in that short of time. and my grandma wants to know if she can get custody of me or not.......
this is the whole situation......

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, you are NOT going to get emancipated if you don't even have a job. To get emancipated, you not only need to be working, you need to be making enough so that you can pay for a place to live (and not with a roommate), utilities, food, clothing, transportation, entertainment, school expenses, health care, and so on. Your grandparents need to file for custody with the courts - and they might be best off using an attorney to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">