• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaving appliances ina foreclosed home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debbiec

My home has been foreclosed upon we are moving and now after offering cash for keys leaving the house in broom clean condidtion the mortage company has decided that we can not recieve the cash if we take our appliances, stove, fridge, washer, dryer things I owned long before we moved into this home I live in Pennsylvania can they do this keep my appliances??? PLEASE HELP WE MOVE FRIDAY e-mail me if you can [email protected]

L

LorettaL

I don't know about PA law but generally only fixtures are considered part of real estate when it is sold. Fixtures are items that are built-in or otherwise considered attached to the house such as stoves or built-in microwaves but not items that are moveable such as washer, dryer, fridge. But if the mortgage company helped you finance these other items it would be a whole different story. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">