• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any hope??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misslawli

:( What is the name of your state?Az,
I am using my friends comuter for this. she has her own name but I don't so I am using hers.
I am not sure exactly where to turn. The issue I have is with my 21 year old daughter. She recently gave birth to my beautiful GD in august. My daughter has some severe mental problems and is a danger to her daughter and most importantly herself. She tells nothing but lies, sometimes she actually believes the lies. She has threatend to kill me and throw her daughter in the river to be rid of us both. She has made so many threats, killing mee, rigging my car so there is an accident,burning my house down. She has beaten me up several times. Most of these incadents are on file with the police dept. I helped her get her own place just before the baby was born. but she didn't want to be by herself and I let her stay with me. She has no where else to go. She can't keep a job because she gets fired for stealing. She will leave the baby with me to go to the store to shop or go do laundry and not come back for 2-3 days. she'll do the same thing with the babysitter, she'll drop the baby off, go to "work" in the morning(even though she has no job and when you call the place she says she is working at they have no clue who she is) and come get her the following afternoon. I have called CPS, they say that being a lousy parent isn't a crime. If she actually hurts the baby they can do something. Since the baby has been born, with the exception of the first 3 weeks, she has done very little for her daughter. She has never even done laundry, or given her a bath. I do it all. I buy the diapers, I pay the babysitter, I buy food. I have just gotten paper work for temp custody finished up and plan on filing tuesday. I have documented everything and am hoping it will go ok. I don't want to take the baby from my daughter, but it isn't safe. I would like for her to get help for her problems. I guess what I am wanting to know is: Am I starting an unwin-able fight. Legally, do I have any hope of winning? There is so much more but I will explain anything that needs to be cleared up.

Last edited:

Hisbabygirl77

The next time your daughter takes off and is suppose to come home from the "grocery store" and is gone for two days go down to the court house and file for emergency custody on the grounds of abandonement. Document everytime she does this keep notes. Also, if I were you I would tell her the baby is welcome to stay but she needs to go. You are enabling her. Why should she grow up and be responsible when she knows you are going to be their to take care of everything. Also, has a Dr said that she has some sort of mental health issues? Maybe you could get your daughter to sign a release of information for the dr to give you records and if she is not using the medication she is suppose to to control this that could help you in court.

misslawli

your right about the enabling, she has not stayed with me for the last week and a half. I do have the baby. She is not diagnosed with anythin but her fathe and his entire family have a long history of mental illness. But the rest of my children are fine and are doing great in life. She refuses to go to a Dr. I am hoping maybe if I suggest it in court they can make her? I don't know.

Hisbabygirl77

The can order to you yes. I dont know if the will or not. Now on the other hand if you feel that she is having an "episode" and being a danger to her self or others then you can request the courts to T-36 her. Which is court ordered in patient hospilization. A psychiatrist would then to an evaluation on her and give their opinion. If you have another episode where she is freaking out and hitting you ect.. I would request that through the courts. Do you have a mental health facility in your area that has a crisis number or anything that you could call? Or the next time that happens call 911 and when the police come request for her to go the emergency room for a psych eval.

Hisbabygirl77

I just noticed you were in Arizona and I KNOW there are many good places there as I used to live there. What county do you mind me asking and I may be able to give you some names of some good facilities.

misslawli

absolutely... but I have no proof. I just don't know where I went so wrong with her. :( My other 3 kids are good, upstanding people. Oh well, I'll do what I can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">