• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Customer Service ask my nationality?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joyeann

What is the name of your state?PA

I recently called Expedia to clear up some problems with my ticket. As I was speaking to the rep she asked me if I was filippino. Is this legal? My ticket was from the US to the Philippines, so does that give her the right to ask the question? I simply stated, "I am not sure what that has to do with my travel arrangements and I am American" Then she sounded as if she didn't want to help me at all! She then put me on hold for 41 mins and the line disconnected.

CdwJava

Sounds like you can complain to Expedia about your treatment, but beyond that there is nothing wrong here - at least nothing that would rise to the level of any kind of legal action. Heck, she could have asked you your favorite sexual position - it would have been wrong, but it would not have given rise to grounds for a suit or crime.

- Carl

joyeann

Thanks!

I just sent expedia an email saying what their rep did, and now they have switched me from Customer Service, to Customer Advisor, who has actually offered to call me here in the Philippines!

:) thanks for the info, just wanted to know if it was legal or not, even if it were illegal, I wouldn't sue, just like to know my rights.

Luckily, she didn't ask my favorite position, might have scared her completly and dropped from being on hold in 2 mins, not 40 :)

CdwJava

joyeann said:
Luckily, she didn't ask my favorite position, might have scared her completly and dropped from being on hold in 2 mins, not 40 :)
Only the fact that I am a gentleman prevents me from asking any follow-up questions to this one ... though the mind does wander (if I can only keep it from rolling into the gutter). :D

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

CdwJava said:
Only the fact that I am a gentleman prevents me from asking any follow-up questions to this one ... though the mind does wander (if I can only keep it from rolling into the gutter). :D

- Carl
So Joyeann, do you like to "Drive" or "pull the cart"????:D

joyeann

Hmmm

Maybe the answers to your questions are better suited to another forum :) ha ha

* I live in the gutter :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">