• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wreckless op help in OH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wellbank101

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ohio...
im bowling with some friends at the st clair lanes and I happened to see a sheriff drive by outside(I did not know sheriffs could patrol private property in ohio?) anyways its 1am and my friends are the only ones left so we leave and its snowy and icey out. I have a rear wheel drive mustang and I start my car up and hit the gas and I do a "doughnut". Before I know it 2 sheriffs are behind me with the spotlights on me....one asks me for an ID and comes back a few minutes later and asks me to get out of the car. He asked me if I had any drugs on me and made me put my hands on my car and he searched me. After he finished, his last attempt was to rip my hat off and look in it, keep in mind im only 20 I was not drunk or under any influence nor did they ever ask me if I was under the influence. After this I sat in his car while a k9 unit came, they searched around my car with the k9 again finding nothing. still the sheriffs werent satisfied and they began searching the interior of my car. My question is all I basically did was a half doughnut because my car spun out.....did they break any laws by doing all of that unnecessary stuff to me? I had my seatbelt on and was being curtious.....I hope you guys have an answer because they expect me in court on a day I have my real estate law class.(if I miss 15 mins of class I automatically fail, and the class overlaps court and is 2 hours away....) they did not ask if they could search my car, and they did not ask to see proof of insuranse either!

Jerad :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">