• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharged and trying to find out about upgrading

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

armymp101st

Hi. I was honorably discharged out of my own stupidity over a girl. I ended up saying I was gay to get out, and it worked I was giving a complete Honorable discharge and sent along my way. However a few months after we split comming to find out she was one of those looking to become a military dependant. I know how to go about upgrading my RE code ARBA. I did that online tonight, also sent them snail-mail, along with carbon copies to my old post current Garrison Commander, the Deputy Sec of Def, President, mainly to see if I'm lucky, I know they probley will never see the letters except for the Garrison Commander. Im basically looking for some pull with the Review Board.
Well my question is does anyone know how the review board will respond to this and what my chances are?, I was a outstanding solider, and know I would be a even better solider today. Also does anyone have any other ideals on what I could do or who I could write?
Thanks In Advance,
Dave

Last edited:

D

D. J. Dennis

If All Else Fails !!!

TRY THE ARMY NATIONAL GUARD. SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR YOU IF YOU GIVE THEM A YEAR. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO UPGRADE AND GO ACTIVE AS A RESULT OF YOUR GOOD CONDUCT WITH THE GUARD. :-D

D. J. Dennis

Last edited:

armymp101st

D.J. Dennis,
Thanks for the input, the only places Ive tried is active duty for every single branch, I have not tried any National Guard Units. The main reason after reading the RE code meaning didn't think I stood a chance which I included below however there is a exception in it, except Im not sure which AR it's in, because it's not AR 601-280. However thank you for that as soon as 9am hits Im going to be giving them a call..

RE-4 (My RE Code) Individuals separated from last period of service with a nonwaiverable disqualification (refer to AR 601-280). Ineligible for enlistment except as provided for in paragraphs 2-7c and 2-7d. (See waiverable moral and administrative disqualifications.) Disqualilication is nonwaivable.

armymp101st

Do I feel lucky no, I miss the military and thats why I want to go back in. Why don't you save me the lecture and find some one else to nag at. You know people do alot worse to get out of the military. Im actually trying to do a good thing and go back in so save your whinning for someone who cares.

badapple40

As a former JAG prosecutor and now JAG appellate defense counsel, you have just made admissions by sending the letters you sent that you obtained your discharge by fraudulently representing that you were a homosexual.

I would fully expect you to be back in the military sooner than you think or want -- facing a general court martial for fraudulent separation.

rmet4nzkx

badapple40 said:
As a former JAG prosecutor and now JAG appellate defense counsel, you have just made admissions by sending the letters you sent that you obtained your discharge by fraudulently representing that you were a homosexual.

I would fully expect you to be back in the military sooner than you think or want -- facing a general court martial for fraudulent separation.
Brief psychotic episode, NGRI, maybe? Being P*ssy Whiped isn't a vaild defense
:rolleyes: Why would anyone who was honorably discharged and have to admit to fraudulantly obtaining separation want to rejoin in order to be shipped off to a war zone, they must be insane, if they are insane, why would we want them there? Kansas tis a far far better place......

racer72

armymp101st said:
Do I feel lucky no, I miss the military and thats why I want to go back in. Why don't you save me the lecture and find some one else to nag at. You know people do alot worse to get out of the military. Im actually trying to do a good thing and go back in so save your whinning for someone who cares.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, you better back up there GI Joe, your the one doing the whining and crying, not me. All I did was pass on a bit of info that you might be interested it. And if your the type that the Army wants to protect my ass from the so called "terrorist overlords", I packing my bags and heading to Canada. Before you come back with a feeble attempt at answering my post, I would suggest you read my sig line below. Your days as an Army grunt are over. Have a good life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">