• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Informertial gave my Bank Account # to thieves!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debi GH

NorthCarolina
In June, I ordered one item through an Infomertial. Recently, in doing my taxes, I've discovered 3 Companies (who I've never even heard of) have been drafting my bank account!! When I called to find out who they were and why they were drafting my account, they informed me that I had accepted their services when I purchased my item. When I said I had NOT accepted anything, and demanded to know who had given my Bank Account to them, I was informed that "they didn't KNOW and could not give me any information as to WHO had given out my Bank Account #! When I demanded that they show me PROOF that I had AGREED to allow their company (or the other two Companys) to draft my accounts, I was told that they didn't have to offer any proof ....That they were "allowed to continue drafting my account until I told them to stop." even though I've never used their services, or even heard of them....and NEVER gave my permission!
Is there NO recourse?? Are there NO internet police or ANY goverment regulations that says that if they can NOT PROVE they had my permission, they can get away with stealing money from my account and it's just my tough luck?

Last edited:

F

Fat Tony

Yeah, Id call the internet police. Email them: [email protected], or if you are an AOL customer, simply type 911 into your web browser. They will get right on it.

djohnson

Have you contacted your bank to put a stop payment on the drafts? How long has this been going on? Why didn't you notice by now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">