• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJTP Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nystc

What is the name of your state? New York -Ticket in New Jersey

I am a New York resident with New York lisence, but was pulled over for speeding on the New Jersey Turnpike with a ticket stating I was speeding 85 in 65mph zone. This is a double fine zone and to pay the ticket, it would be nearly $400. I am curious if points will be added to my record in NY and thus raise my insurance if I were to plead guilty & pay the fine OR if I could get advice to beat the ticket since I am 99% sure the officer did not get me on radar, sped over 95mph to catch up to me (without his lights on) and eventually pull me over (after I moved over a lane when he drove on my ass for a good mile as I was going with the flow of traffic by that point to have him turn his lights on and pull me over)...Thank you in advance for any help that is given.

Happy Trails

nystc said:
What is the name of your state? New York -Ticket in New Jersey

I am a New York resident with New York lisence, but was pulled over for speeding on the New Jersey Turnpike with a ticket stating I was speeding 85 in 65mph zone. This is a double fine zone and to pay the ticket, it would be nearly $400. I am curious if points will be added to my record in NY and thus raise my insurance if I were to plead guilty & pay the fine OR if I could get advice to beat the ticket since I am 99% sure the officer did not get me on radar, sped over 95mph to catch up to me (without his lights on) and eventually pull me over (after I moved over a lane when he drove on my ass for a good mile as I was going with the flow of traffic by that point to have him turn his lights on and pull me over)...Thank you in advance for any help that is given.
Yes, NJ will let NY know.

Helpful links:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=829384

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=216313

nystc

fix to price...

The price of the ticket is $200, I looked it up online and found the actual price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">