• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My floor need repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MR

I purchased a condo in June, 1999. After living in the apartment, I have found that my kitchen/dining room ceramic tile floor is lifting. The floor was supposed to have been
rather new, but at the time of contract it needed to be regrouted...the sellers did that but now the tiles are lifting up and "crunching in several spots. Can I contact the realtor to try to get the sellers to pay for the repairs or am I going to have to be responsible since over four months have passed?

L

LorettaL

Your answer depends on what the sales contract provides. Definitely talk to your realtor and see what advice s/he offers; it is also possible that the company that did the repair offered some guarantee on the work performed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">