• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help I'm losing sleep

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trouble_from_1A

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I live in apartment 3B. My neighbor from 1A keeps waking us up at 2-3 in the morning claiming she hears music or TV from our apartment. She insists that it is us because she sees a light on, our fishtank. She is also hearing impared, wears a hearing aid. She says that she doesn't actually hear the music she can feel the vibrations from the bass. She has also woke up the tenent in 2B, 1st thinking the noise is coming from there. Then, she told 2B that she thinks we have a key to 2A, which is above her and occupied, and that we go in at night and turn the radio on and leave. Is there anything we can do to make her stop waking us up at 2 and 3 in the morning? We told her last night that we were going to call the police next time she knocks on the door that late/early. Noone else in the building complains or even hears this mystery music that "jolts her out of bed" and she is just "being a good neighbor" coming up to complain. I truely feel for the woman, it really stinks when your sleep is interrupted...but that doesn't give her the right to wake me up. Any advice would be appreciated. We are contacting our homeowner's association today.

HomeGuru

Trouble_from_1A said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I live in apartment 3B. My neighbor from 1A keeps waking us up at 2-3 in the morning claiming she hears music or TV from our apartment. She insists that it is us because she sees a light on, our fishtank. She is also hearing impared, wears a hearing aid. She says that she doesn't actually hear the music she can feel the vibrations from the bass. She has also woke up the tenent in 2B, 1st thinking the noise is coming from there. Then, she told 2B that she thinks we have a key to 2A, which is above her and occupied, and that we go in at night and turn the radio on and leave. Is there anything we can do to make her stop waking us up at 2 and 3 in the morning? We told her last night that we were going to call the police next time she knocks on the door that late/early. Noone else in the building complains or even hears this mystery music that "jolts her out of bed" and she is just "being a good neighbor" coming up to complain. I truely feel for the woman, it really stinks when your sleep is interrupted...but that doesn't give her the right to wake me up. Any advice would be appreciated. We are contacting our homeowner's association today.
**A: send a written letter via certified rrr mail to her and copy the HOA.

S

seniorjudge

Have her check her hearing aids. She's probably getting radio interference on them.

OR

She might be nuts.

nutmegstate

Are the walls in your condo thin? The reason I ask is because mine is located on a main road and anytime a large truck drives by, the walls vibrate. Good luck to you.

S

seniorjudge

nutmegstate said:
Are the walls in your condo thin? The reason I ask is because mine is located on a main road and anytime a large truck drives by, the walls vibrate. Good luck to you.
This happens to my walls too every time we have an earthquake or a tornado.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">