• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Think I Made A Mistake..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcgarry

What is the name of your state? Texas
Have had temp custody of a child for over a year and finally went to mediation at the beginning of December.
At the end of the mediation session, the bio parents both signed termination papers and we are going to try to adopt, but we had to agree to let other grandparent have weekend visits once a month and some holiday time as well.
Let me just say that I don't have any problem with other grand having time with baby, but now the biological parents are living with her.
Attorney says no home study for other grandparent, no child support from her and no changing our minds since we signed the mediation agreement on that day, which we feel we were pressured to do.

My question is this: Do we have any recourse at all and after the adoption is final, do we HAVE to stick to this agreement, even if it is not in the best "emotional" interest of the child?

Thank you for any constructive, non-sarcastic advice you might be able to offer. (Sorry, I'm just not feeling alot like being slammed for my stupidity right now...too much going on with this and sick elderly Mother all at the same time.)

Thank you again.

S

seniorjudge

What did your lawyer say when you asked him these questions?

Why do you not want to do what you said you would do?

rmet4nzkx

smcgarry said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
Have had temp custody of a child for over a year and finally went to mediation at the beginning of December.
At the end of the mediation session, the bio parents both signed termination papers and we are going to try to adopt, but we had to agree to let other grandparent have weekend visits once a month and some holiday time as well.
Let me just say that I don't have any problem with other grand having time with baby, but now the biological parents are living with her.
Attorney says no home study for other grandparent, no child support from her and no changing our minds since we signed the mediation agreement on that day, which we feel we were pressured to do.

My question is this: Do we have any recourse at all and after the adoption is final, do we HAVE to stick to this agreement, even if it is not in the best "emotional" interest of the child?

Thank you for any constructive, non-sarcastic advice you might be able to offer. (Sorry, I'm just not feeling alot like being slammed for my stupidity right now...too much going on with this and sick elderly Mother all at the same time.)

Thank you again.
And here is one of your posts from last Feb, I'm sorry, but you are a complaining and selfish person, now you have adopted your grandchild and want to keep the other grand parents away and even want to keep your own child away? You have some big time problems, and someday you won't be there for that child, who will be there then? You need to heal the realtionships, it's not a game of who gets more that wins the game, but what is in the best interest of that child, not a selfish grandparent.

02-23-2004, 11:08 AM
smcgarry

I don't want the baby with them, I'm just getting very tired. It seems like everything I attempt to do gets overlooked by the only people who could POSSIBLY help and make things better for the baby, (the court) and the bios are getting away with EVERYTHING just because they are young!! I'm very frustrated and it seems like the baby is always sick because of the bios and the judge doesn't care!!! It's so not fair to the baby!! Plus I'm starting to get very attached and don't want to be hurt when they take her back and I probably never get to see her again.
I just really don't know what to do now.

smcgarry

You people here are among the most rude, arrogant and hateful people I have EVER known!
GO TO THE DEVILS DEN!!!!!!!
(by the way.....I will NOT quit posting because of you and your insecure little you-know-what syndrome!) :p

smcgarry

Attorney says no home study for other grandparent, no child support from her and no changing our minds since we signed the mediation agreement on that day.
She says there is no changing of the mediation agreement.

Please just let me add that if this child hadn't just come out of the hospital with RSV due to 2cnd hand smoke and severe neglect at birth by the biological parents, I wouldn't have a problem with them visiting, but she is exposed to smoke, drinking and cursing when she is around them, and I had no clue the bios were living with other grandparent.

S

seniorjudge

smcgarry said:
You people here are among the most rude, arrogant and hateful people I have EVER known!
GO TO THE DEVILS DEN!!!!!!!
(by the way.....I will NOT quit posting because of you and your insecure little you-know-what syndrome!) :p
You people?

I never said anything rude, arrogant, or hateful to you!
:confused:

smcgarry

I'm sorry seniorjudge, that was not directed at you...it was directed at others who have not been as pleasant as you. Please forgive me as I didn't mean to offend you. :eek:

Rushia

smcgarry said:
Attorney says no home study for other grandparent, no child support from her and no changing our minds since we signed the mediation agreement on that day.
She says there is no changing of the mediation agreement.

Please just let me add that if this child hadn't just come out of the hospital with RSV due to 2cnd hand smoke and severe neglect at birth by the biological parents, I wouldn't have a problem with them visiting, but she is exposed to smoke, drinking and cursing when she is around them, and I had no clue the bios were living with other grandparent.
You should educate yourself on RSV, it is a virus, flu like symptoms and highly contagious. It has nothing to due with neglect or smoking.

rmet4nzkx

There are a number of genetic disorders of the lungs, you may have even passed onto your grandchild? You are still selfish because you don't want your grandchild to have the full experience of their family relationships. So It is a GOOD THING that you signed the agreement and your attorney has told you you cannot change it.

smcgarry

I am not going to argue or defend myself to anyone...least of all you quacker-heads that don't know anything about life or living.

As far as RSV, you are right, it is viral, but if you research it further, it is more prominant in children who are born prematurely and who's lungs are underdeveloped because of that. They are more prone to all kinds of respiratory disorders...it comes from the parents, not Grandparents.

Thank's for your expert opinions, though and for all your help in my situation.

Gosh.....it makes me want to take away ALL rights from other grandparent now! Thank you for that idea!!! ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Uuuuh, RSV is spread the same way as the common cold. So the child could have gotten it from ANYONE - including a grandparent.

S

seniorjudge

smcgarry said:
I am not going to argue or defend myself to anyone...least of all you quacker-heads that don't know anything about life or living....
You are the one who posted here.

We did not go looking for you.

If you are getting opinions you do not like, you do not need to be nasty.

By the way, what is a "quacker-head"? (I am going to use that myself one of these days so I need to know...great term!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">