• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License suspended but never had one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terry1811

What is the name of your state? Indiana & Iowa
I now live in Iowa... While growing up and being very stupid... I never got my License.... I drove a friend home one night and we were involved in an accident.... now I'm married living in Iowa and want to get my license but I'm told my Indiana license was suspended... yet I never had one... what can I do or what do I have to do to get this looked into?

CdwJava

Your privelege to drive can be suspended in states where it was never issued if you ever got a citation or violated a law that could permit it's revocation.

For instance, if you are from Iowa, and you get a speeding ticket in California and then fail to take care of it, you can find your license in CA revoked even though you never had one. The unfortunate thing would be that once Iowa has that suspension reported to them, they may honor the suspension by revoking your Iowa license.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

terry1811 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana & Iowa
I now live in Iowa... While growing up and being very stupid... I never got my License.... I drove a friend home one night and we were involved in an accident.... now I'm married living in Iowa and want to get my license but I'm told my Indiana license was suspended... yet I never had one... what can I do or what do I have to do to get this looked into?
You really need to get this cleared up in Indiana. That's the only way you will ever get a license anywhere.

Listen to Carl....

pablobono

I agree with the previous poster. You'll need to resolve this with the State of Indiana.

The Non-Resident Violators Compact looks to be in play here. I've heard of some states that will actually issue you a state license number, so they can accurately record and track your citations in that state.

I've included a link to Indiana's Bureau of Motor Vehicles... You can call them and work toward resolution on this issue.

http://www.state.in.us/bmv/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">