• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in Texas, Our property is landlocked without an easement. I use to think the easement was actually our neighbors property and we just got access to our property. After looking over our paperwork I am starting to question this. The problem is that the neighbors do not help to maintain the drive at all, and I feel actually damage it. I would like to tell them to no longer use it if it is in my legal right to do so. They are not land locked with out the use of the drive.

L

LorettaL

Well you probably do need to consult a lawyer but first -- double check with the county recorder's office and check for any easements or rights of ways recorded on both YOUR property and the other person's property. I find it hard to believe that you could have purchased land that is truly landlocked. Somewhere along the way someone may have recorded an easement or right of way. Make photocopies of any of these documents along with the deed of yourproperty when you go see a real estate lawyer for an initical consultation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">