• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yield to pedestrian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rallyboy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I hit a pedestrian by accident. The officers were really nice to me but they said they had to give me a ticket for not yielding to pedestrian. Technically I feel that I am guilty because I hit a person but on the other hand I really did not see the guy crossing the street. I feel bad for the person I hit of course. Should I plead guilty or not guilty?

S

seniorjudge

"...I hit a pedestrian by accident...Technically I feel that I am guilty because I hit a person but on the other hand I really did not see the guy crossing the street. I feel bad for the person I hit of course...."

Guilty.

Please note that you admitted three times in your post that you hit the person.

SPORTcoupe

Agreed.

If you plead 'not guilty' there is the remote chance that they will bring in the pedestrian you hit, and that can't possibly be pleasant.

~Alan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">