• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poorly represented

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeti

HELP!
I bought an older ranch home in a small rural subdivision in Illinois. 7 days after moving in the septic system backs up into the house. I find out from the plumbers that the system is not functioning- it is 22 years old. There was an inspection done by the relocation co. that sold the house, but it is does not give even the name of who did the inspection. I realtor suggested I accept this as good and not get another. The sellers do not acknowledge any prior problems- though they obviously exsisted. I have been to 3 local attorneys and they do not wish to go up against the local realtors.
What can I do?

B

Babe

I experienced something along the same lines, in situations like this the burdon is on you to prove that they new the problem existed. The only thing that save me is my home warranty insurance. It was worth every penny. I assume that you did not purchase a warranty. I am not a lawyer nor do I work in the field.. I wish you luck in resolving this matter keep looking for proof call local plumbers to see if they've ever serviced your residence and also contact the title company as well. They should have a record of who did the inspection. Also look for a document titled "Inspection Report". The mortgage company should have provided you with that.... I would focus on filling a complaint against the inspection company, septic tanks are on the list of items they are suppose to inspect... find your paper work and see if they put any comments down in regards to the plumbing or septic tank....
Good Luck,
Babe..

L

LorettaL

It sounds like you have a case against your agent and the seller's agent as well as the previous owner for failure to disclose a latent defect. You might want to talk to a lawyer in the nearest biggest city near you. One of those attorneys may not be so beholden to the business that the local realtors provide and therefore be more likely to take your case. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">