• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio failure to yield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troi

I have been cited in Ohio for failure to yield right of way. The intersection where this took place has very poor visibility. A petition had already been sent to the county & the commisioner had a meeting with the state official before the incident. Since then, they have excavated a significant portion of the ground along the side of the road to improve visibility. I contested the matter in court, but the judge said it doesn't matter if you could see or not--mitigating circumstances could not be taken in to account!!!!! I say if you can't see (thanks to poor roadway design & the state's ignoring previous petitions to get the intersection fixed!)--how can they charge you for it? Doesn't the state have the responisibility to maintain a safe intersection? Do I have any further options about this or do I have to accept it? Is this on a permanent record??????

NWO

I'd have to say it is up to you to drive safely no matter what the road conditions. If you can't see the road, that is something you need to adjust for.

pablobono

You'd need to clarify the failure to yield piece. Failure to yield to an emergency vechile, failure to yield at a posted traffic control sign, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">