• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20 percent down from 2nd mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

straightflush

What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

I am involved in an 80-10-10 mortgage from HSBC. I put down my own 10%, and HSBC brings a check for the other 10% to closing as an equity loan.

Now my real estate agent is saying that this does not meet the 20% requirements of the coop and that i need to have the 20% in cash, none can be borrowed. If i submit my application as is, and get denied, i can lose my 10% down payment so he claims.

Do i have any case here? Why should the coop care where teh 10% comes from? They are getting paid regardless.

thanks
ken

HomeGuru

straightflush said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

I am involved in an 80-10-10 mortgage from HSBC. I put down my own 10%, and HSBC brings a check for the other 10% to closing as an equity loan.

Now my real estate agent is saying that this does not meet the 20% requirements of the coop and that i need to have the 20% in cash, none can be borrowed. If i submit my application as is, and get denied, i can lose my 10% down payment so he claims.

Do i have any case here? Why should the coop care where teh 10% comes from? They are getting paid regardless.

thanks
ken
**A: I do not have an anser for you other than to have an attorney review the coop rules and regs. You basically DO NOT qualify since the 20% funds must be your own and not borrowed funds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">