• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help asap!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine36

undefinedontario

Hello,

I'm wondering. about a few questions that i have. First is i recently gotten remarried..my husband ..but not the father of my two children. My kids ages are 16 and 17. there natural father has not been a part of there lives for the past three years..but he does pay child support at times. my husband and i are wondering can my childrens natural father continue to pay child support if my husband gets the ok on adoption. can we still proceed with the adoption although he still paying some child support. are my kids old enough to make this decison on there own with out there naturals fathers consent? If my husband gets legal adoption of my two kids does there natural father still continue to pay child support? does he loose all parental rights to his children? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Desperate

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This site is for US law only - I don't think anyone knows what Canadian adoption law might be. In the US, tho, once a stepparent adopts, the ongoing child support ends. All that's left is any arrearages that may have accrued. And bioDad generally has to consent to the adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">