• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puppy Purchased w/ Paypal Payment - Puppy Papers Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Connekted

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hi,

About a month ago I purchased a puppy from a friend. I paid him with paypal. The payment was accepted and about 2 weeks later I picked up the puppy from him and his girlfriend. Roughly a week after that he called me saying they wanted the puppy back because his girlfriend missed the puppy.

Now because they want the puppy back after our deal has been made, they will not give us the puppies registration papers, medical records or anything regarding the puppy. The puppy has a microchip inserted into it and is registered to them. I am trying to get legal ownership of the puppy and have the microchip put in my name. The company needs a letter stating the puppy was sold to me.

The only items I have regarding the transaction are my paypal receipt as well as an email saying to call him regarding a time and place to pick up the puppy.

What can I do?

I also called the place where they had originally purchased the puppy to get any known papers sent to me. They are not sure though if they have any information regarding the puppy.

Any ideas?

[email protected]

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">