• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcr111

What is the name of your state? Texas
We have supported our 4 Grandchildren on and off for the last 4 1/2 years.
My daughter and our Grandchildern are back living with us again and the dead beat fathers are not paying child support again. We have asked the other Grandparents for help with no reply and they hardly ever make an effort to see them. The Father(s) have stated that if they go to jail nobody will get any support payments. One is on probation for Non-child support and the other has moved out of state and has a warrant out for him.
My question is what can we do legally to receive any type of money from the other Grandparents?
Jim

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It is no more the other grandparents' responsibility than it is yours. If you choose to take it on, that's fine. Doesn't mean they need to support their deadbeat kids. And let's face it - none of the parents in this situation - the (apparently) two men or your daughter - are particularly responsible from the sounds of things. I'd cut your daughter a little slack if you'd said that you're *helping* her, but you didn't - you said you're supporting her kids. Who the hell has 4 kids that they can't support? Someone with sucker parents. God bless you for it. But it still deosn't make the other grandparents responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">