• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

she won't let me go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hadit

I have a one yr.lease with an apartment,and have 6 months left,the landlord will not let me terminate,she wants me to first find another tenant,I have moved out and I am living with fiance,and we are paying on a home we bought,so its really hard on my finances,it there no way out.If I don't pay and force a termination,my credit is ruined,all I want is relief.Can anyone help.

P

Pam

Working for a property management company, I can tell you this....
If your landlord won't terminate, depending on your lease agreement and the state you live in, the most they may "take you" for (monetarily speaking) is two months rent plus damages. If you ask them to notify you of the total, you can sometimes set up a payment plan with them to settle the debt. However, if you find someone to rent the apartment, you will be free and clear of any further obligation to the lease and everyone will be happy. Hope I helped a little.

P

Pam

Working for a property management company, I can tell you this....
If your landlord won't terminate, depending on your lease agreement and the state you live in, the most they may "take you" for (monetarily speaking) is two months rent plus damages. If you ask them to notify you of the total, you can sometimes set up a payment plan with them to settle the debt. However, if you find someone to rent the apartment, you will be free and clear of any further obligation to the lease and everyone will be happy. Hope I helped a little.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">