• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

excessive school loud speaker 50 ft from our front door.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr48tanker

Our home is located about 50 feet away from a very loud amplified speaker that is located at the rear of a school. It has a range of about 1/2 mile away from the school,and most of the time it is used to transmitt messages that have nothing to do with educational needs or the children who attend this school. We have a breech of the peace law in the state of Florida which the police frequently used to ticket loud sterios etc that are bothering others under distrubing and annoying amplified sound etc. When I asked the police to apply that statue to the needless and excessive loud speaker that has been causing our family so much grief, and I qualified my request by asking if I place a loud speaker outside my home so I could hear music while I worked in my yard and the school was bothered by my music, would they force me to stop using it? I was told they would and that they would not ask the school to stop using and/or to even turn the volume of their speaker down and when I asked why, and the police refuse to answer or to tell me why they feel a school employee has a right to come into a community and violate the same laws the rest of us in the community have to live by. question is, is this a violation of civil rights as they may apply to equal justice for all and do school's have a right to ignore the laws of the communitys they are located in?

Thank You
[email protected]

L

LorettaL

Have you talked to school personnel about the excessive volume? Sometimes a direct approach works best. Otherwise talk or write to the district superintendent or state superintendent of education about your complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">