• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bill3993

What is the name of your state? minn.
I had an affair with a married woman who is now pregnet. She and her husband have reconciled and they are planning on putting his name on the birth certificate and raising this child. Is this legal. can they do this when they know he is not the father?

SM5NY

Probably, you can contest it, and get a DNA test done and proceed from there and enforce your rights... But remember that comes with all the responsibilities of child support and being a father!

bill3993

if i don't come forward aren't i just asking for trouble down the road. I don't want this hanging over my head for the next 18 years/

SM5NY

Possible, but it could go both ways depending on the situation. If they divorced down the road and she wanted to stick you with support a DNA could be ordered, say this comes about because all of the sudden.. her husband is stating NOT THE FATHER... don't want to pay.

Choices 1. Get the DNA done now and prove it and take responsibility.

2. DNA done...prove it and sign concent for her and her husband to abopt the child.. and give up all rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">