• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landowner right to remove property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bearb

I own my own floating home and puchased a long term lease of a plot of water to keep it. We also have moorage rules that have recently been adopted. I was given notice to remove my boat or it would be towed away at my expense. I remved the boat. I called her and she refused to discuss it over the phone. So I wrote her and asked her to respond in writing the why my boat had to be moved.She hasn't responded Does she have the right to have my boat removed from my leased space?

L

LorettaL

While I don't know anything about moorage laws, I would be surprised to hear that you have less protections than in a regular landlord tenant dispute. Did she give a reason for evicting you? When did your lease expire? Read the section on landlord/tenant laws on this website's home page dealing with real estate law for some general pointers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">