• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Right-of-way"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Buffalo Bill

I reside in east Tennessee. I have a neighbor farmer who has utilized my driveway/property to access his barn for a number of years. This has been done due to the convenience of my existing driveway and is not due to him being land locked in any fashion. Recently his business use has grown to the extent of disrespecting and abusing our property. I need to protect our interests. Prior communications seem futile. I want to deny him the use of this pathway, thus forcing him to establish access to his barn from his own property. There has never been any right of way or easement established between us. Do I have the legal right to demand this? Does he have any recourse simply due to the history of my previous "good nature?"

Thank you in advance. BB

L

LorettaL

Click on this website's homepage's section on Real Estate -- there's a section on easements/encroachments and a section on adverse possession that I suugest you read. Then hire a real estate attorney to help you out. There are names of attorneys at this website if you haven't any idea who to call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">