• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seniors trapped in retirement community

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LMaggio1

I need help. My parents bought a double wide mobile home in a adult community in Sarasota, Fla. They own the home (pay a small mortgage)but rent the land from the community. My father got sick and they haven't been down to Fla. in the last couple years. The house has been up for sale for about two years, but no sale yet. they are paying $500+/mo. all this time for the land rental. Because they live in NY, they have no way of knowing if the realestate people are even showing the house.

Does anyone have any advice on how they can get rid of this house? They are being bled for $500/mo. and getting nothing out of it. I feel terrible - they can't enjoy their life because of this perdicament.

Any help would be aqppreciated.

L

LorettaL

Talk to the realtors with the listing agreement and find out what concrete steps they are taking to sell this house; it may be they should find new realtors or lower the asking price but you should get more information first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">