• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homeowner-can't rewmove exgirlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikes

I am the sole owner of a home in Montgomery county, Maryland. I have broken up with my girlfiend that has lived with me for 2+ years. She is not helping to pay any of the bills, and is trying to claim that she is entitled to 50% of whatever I own. We were nevr married. There is no written lease. She has a 12 yr old girl and a 15 yr old boy who are busting up the house and all three have made threats to "beat me up" and "stab me with a Knife" and kill me. What can I do!!!??? Please advise.

Thanks

L

LorettaL

As far as I know there is no right of a non-married to the property of another's (in legal terms no palimony or common law marriage) in MD. Therefore, you should contact the local police and have them arrested for trespassing and file temprorary restraining orders against them; I would also suggest talking to a local attorney to help you out through these proceedings; there are some names at this website who practice in your state. Also look at the sections under the family law heading at this website for more information about these topics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">