• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never responded or paid a traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macroman

What is the name of your state? Ohio, but I have always lived in PA.

In 1995, I was pulled over and cited for speeding in Ohio.

I never showed up for for my court date and I never paid the fine.

My license was never suspended in PA and the ticket never showed up on my PA driving record.

After reading numerous posts on this and other boards I decided to "face the music".

My search started with the Ohio DMV. They have no record of me ever receiving a ticket and they said that there was nothing indicating that I would not be able to get a drivers license in Ohio.

I spoke with an attorney local to the area where I received the ticket and he gave me the numbers of 3 county municipal courts where I would have had to appear for court based on general area where I was caught speeding. I called all 3 and 2 of them had no record of me receiving a ticket. The 3rd said that I would have to call back tomorrow since the date on the ticket was so old.

One of the municipal courts I contacted asked me why I was so concerned after so much time. After telling them that I wanted to clear this matter I inquired about the possibility of a bench warrant for failure to appear. They told me to call the county sheriff's office to see if there was a warrant for my arrest.

I called and there is no warrant for my arrest.

Can anyone think of anywhere else that I need to look?
I am having a hard time believing that this ticket just "went away".

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">