• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sell this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandygirl0178

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I have put together a directory of wholesale companies into a word document. It has the company name, website home page, phone number, fax number, etc. (It is public information put into a list that I created), similar to a phone book or restaurant guide. I want to sell this list on ebay as many other people are selling the same type of list. I just want to know if there is any chance I would come into legal issues by doing this.

I've read it's legal to link to sites home pages, I can put together a directory of public information, it's my own creation so I'm not copying anyone's work. Is there anything else I'm over looking? Can the companies I have listed in my directory come after me for any reason? I do have my contact email address included in the directory for companies to be removed if they do not wish for their company name to be included in my directory. Thanks for any advice.

BelizeBreeze

There is nothing wrong with compiling a list. Nor are you breaking any laws. However, to be a legally valid opinion, I and anyone else, would have to view the list and see it for ourselves, something we obviously can't do here.

sandygirl0178

The list is very basic. All the names are public information. It's in a Word document. Just has text. Company name, Company web address, Company address, Company phone number and fax number. Very simple, nothing fancy.

Any second opinions on if this is 100% legal to sell?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">