• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction problem in ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

New Landlord

Have problem, Tenant only paid $100 in past 2 months towards rent. Have tried to work with them. But now they refuse to pay anything, say they want me to evict, because they have children they claim it will take 3-4 months to get them out. And they refuse to pay anything more towards rent. They have done over $5,000 in damage to house. I gave them a 5 day demand for payment of overdue rent. Tried to work with them, but no cooperation, if I don't receive the full amount of back rent have to file eviction notice, Wondering if can include the damages when go for eviction hearing, or do I have to sue them for damages in a separate action.
HELP!!!11

L

LorettaL

Read the sections on this website's home page dealing with landlord/tenant law under Real Estate for the general rules about evictions. I don't see any reason why you can't ask for additional damages at the time you begin eviction proceedings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">