• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate title transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michaelinga

I thought I was going to file bankruptcy. To avoid losing my assets, I suggested to my wife that we divorce. She would get the assets in a settlement and then reconvey them to me after the bankruptcy. As it turned out, I did not bankrupt. The divorce went through and my wife left me. How can I get my assets back? She promised she would give them back. I have witnesses to back me up.

H

Henry T

You'd need a lawyer -- but at least you're rid of someone it sounds like you should be rid of -- It may be a cheap way out. YOU MIGHT take the route that the assets are held in trust for you.....

L

LorettaL

The problem is this: oral contracts for items worth more than $500 need to be in writing in order to be valid. So your witnesses may not really help you out. Talk to a divorce attorney or real estate attorney. On this website there are names of attorneys at if you haven't any idea who to call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">