• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ilegally towed from apartment complex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skrhone

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Phoenix, az.

The Apartment complex management towed my vehicle from the secured parking area because "it had not moved in quite some time".
Facts-
- vehicle is only driven on weekends, since I drive a company car during the week.
- vehicle was last driven on 1/14/05 (witnessed by a complex worker) and 1/15/05
- vehicle was legally parked, registered and insured with the proper complex parking decal affixed to the front windshield.
- No attempt was made to contact me or even to find the owner of the vehicle.
- Police records show the vehicle was reported abandoned by the complex.
- Complex management tagged the vehicle on 1/17/05 and towed it on 1/19/05
- Mangement agreed that a mistake had been made and agreed to have vehicle returned.
- Vehicle was out of my possession for 32+ hours.
- Took time off work and numerous phone calls to correct error.
- Management stated that I will not be compensated for my time in dealing with this situation.
Do I have any legal recourse for my lost time?
Thanks

JETX

skrhone said:
Do I have any legal recourse for my lost time?
Though you can try to sue as suggested by Cdw.... your chance of winning is between zero and none.
- First, 'lost time' is not compensible in a case like this.
- Second, you likely would lose more time in trying to have this heard than you are claiming.
- Third, the apartments likely have a valid defense as they did provide you with two days notice.... and the apartment 'rules' probably state 24 hour 'abandonment' is sufficient to tow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">